Thursday, March 26, 2009

I've been donating time to review all the misinterpretations...

My last semester of pottery was a bit of a disaster in the sense that I only completed 4 items; none of which were requirements for the course. I did muster up enough skills to produce this little thing:


Sporadically, the college holds a cup competition and there are a few prizes up for grabs. This lil'guy got peoples choice and its name is Rest Your Shino on my Pillow. The cup and "pillow" are wheel thrown with hand-built feet. The glaze is Malcolm Davis Shino and is the same on the cup and the "pillow". The glaze colour is variable depending on the amount of carbon trapping that occurs. The black-grey portions are where the carbon has been trapped. This glaze also gives a crackle/crawling effect.


I also felt like taking a picture of my feet. They shoot knots!

2 comments:

way_away said...

Are you wearing mismatched socks ;)?

Nice lil' guy! Cutey! And congrats on the award too =).

Justin said...

they are mismatched. I couldn't be bothered to find a matching pair. I rarely wear "sport socks" and we have loads of them but barely any seem to match.